Our mission is to improve student learning outcomes and increase outcome equity. Through backward course design, fellows redesign courses that apply research to create student-centered, active teaching and learning environments.
The Elevate Fellows program works with faculty to identify key goals, challenges, or areas of improvement within their course, determine student-centered, evidence-based strategies to address this goal, and assess their redesigned course. Specifically, the outcomes of the Elevate Fellows program are..
- Improve student learning outcomes
- Increase equity in student outcomes by race, ethnicity, gender, and transfer student status
- Support faculty’s reflective teaching practice
Learn more about the program effectiveness.
Who should apply?
The Elevate Fellows program is open to all full-time faculty members and instructors. Meet the fellows!
We welcome all applicants who want to redesign an undergraduate course they teach,learn more about teaching in higher education, and enliven their teaching.We encourage program directors and multiple instructors who teach the same course to apply. While each instructor must submit an individual application,we have had instructors successfully collaborate to redesign a course in prior years. We also encourage instructors who are interested in redesigning their face-to-face course to an online format to apply.
Learn more about the program requirements.
Why should I participate?
- Get funding for teaching innovation (up to $8,000)
- Learn strategies to meet teaching goals or fix challenges
- Transform your course to meet students' various needs
- Make your teaching more engaging
- Collaborate with colleagues across campus
- Demonstrate your dedication to teaching and learning
- Help build your teaching philosophy for teaching dossier
Learn more about ways to use the funding.
Some documents on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.